Re: [TowerTalk] worlds biggest yagi

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>,Its from Onion <aredandgold@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] worlds biggest yagi
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:12:00 -0400
Another notion that occurs to me is that with the Steppirs, you could
detune some of the antennas at any given time.  That *might* produce a
situation where you could run, say, an 8-high close-spaced stack (optimized
for 10 meters), and then "remove" some of the antennas from the stack for
15 and 20.  You'd still have $3-400 K left for land.

The idea of individually tuning the antennas (on each band) to compensate
for their distance from ground (or from each other) is intriguing.  I have
always wondered how you could put identical yagis in an HF stack and not be
giving away something in gain or pattern.

73, Pete N4ZR