Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Help

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Help
From: JMLTINC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:31:59 EDT

Hi Tony,

I am sorry if I was confusing as to the voltage the control unit  spits out.
The 10 - 12 volts is at the slowest rotational speed. If you turn the  speed
knob clockwise, the voltage will approach 24 volts.

In any event, the 24 volts is supplied from a 26 VAC  transformer THROUGH A
FUSE, to a bridge rectifier (a tab type), and then is  variably regulated
(which makes up part of the speed control  circuitry).

If you do not have any voltage at pins 4 & 5 when pressing a  LEFT or RIGHT
button, open the box and check that fuse. It is mounted on the  board that has
the motor reversing relay (PB2, PS-Unit). Perhaps it is  open.

-J

Home.