Re: [TowerTalk] Full body harness - Law Suits??

To: W4LDE-Ron <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Full body harness - Law Suits??
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:35:03 -0700
W4LDE-Ron wrote:
> Bill,
> I am actually having the local club help me take down a tower/antenna
> which I then am going to donate to the club a week from this Saturday.
> The XYL and I had exactly the same conversation just last night, how to
> protect (liability) during the process. I was going to call ARRL and see
> if they had an answer.
> Will keep a eye out for any replies and if I get any info I will pass it
> along to you and the reflector.
> 73 de
> Ron W4LDE

Liability for who?

There's lots of ways to look at this..

If I were to invite a bunch of buddies over to have a barbeque, and bad
things happen with the propane bottle, injuring my buddies, my
homeowner's insurance would cover it (probably).

If I set up a party and charge admission, and then the propane bottle
blows up, that's another story.

If I go over to my buddy's house and asks me to start his barbeque, and
it blows up, then there's probably some back and forth between our two
homeowners/health insurance companies.

If I go over to my buddy's house and he pays me to start the barbeque
(especially if I'm in the barbeque lighting business), and it blows up,
it might be more of a problem for me than for him.