Re: [TowerTalk] XM-240 Tuning Issues

To: wa5zup <wa5zup@msn.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XM-240 Tuning Issues
From: Greg Clark <putt_1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 09:16:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Folks,

Here is what I found and THANKS to all who replied via the reflector and direct.

Several comments came out about my stating there is a "matching network".
That's Cuscraft's nomenclature, not mine.  It's a 1:1 balun, no more.

The problem appears to be some type of broadcast overload on the handheld
analyzer.  I'm at a new QTH and I have some 1500ft TV broadcast towers about 4
miles to the south, I'm guessing that's the issue?  Upon getting some LMR400 to
the tower and putting some real RF into the antenna from the shack, all appears
to be good.  I have the antenna flat up aroud 7.060.

Thanks,

Greg
K9IG