[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER PERMIT

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER PERMIT
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 09:17:05 -0700
List-post: <">>
> To All,
> Sometime ago, on behalf of a friend, I requested information
> regarding tower installation using drill hole/bolt installation.
> Rather than take that approach, he wisely decided to core-cut the
> existing concrete, dig a proper hole, insert rebar cage, and base.
> He has applied to the city of Denver, Colorado for a permit and
> submitted the documents supplied by US Towers for a TMM-531 tower.
> Since the aforementioned specifications has a "California" stamp, the
> city of Denver has refused to issue the permit. Has anyone
> experienced this situation and/or what is the next step?
If the city wants a state of Colorado PE stamp, then the next step is to 
call US Towers and see if they have a a P.E. licensed in Colorado.  Or 
find a local engineer.

While licensure standards in most states are pretty similar, there isn't 
a concept of reciprocity (i.e. my California license doesn't give me any 
ability to practice in other states, nor does another state's license 
give ability to practice in California).  Partly this is because of the 
desire for dealing with local issues (i.e. seismic is a big deal in CA, 
hurricanes and ice loading are not), partly it's plain old 
protectionism, and partly it's a reflection of the history of licensure 
in the various states (so some activities require a license in some 
states, but not others).


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>