[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER PERMIT

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER PERMIT
From: "Hank Lonberg" <>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 10:44:18 -0700
List-post: <">>

Talk with US Towers they can provide a sealed set for your
state for a fixed charge. An alternate route is to go to the
ARRL VCE (volunteer consulting engineers) site and see if
there are any PE's listed for Colorado. I am not licensed in

On the issue raised by another responder. I think you are
confusing reciprocity in getting a license in another state ,
having a license and experience in a different state, with
accepting as a approved engineering design, a document sealed
with another states stamp. California does have reciprocity
with other states you just have to prove your competence and
knowledge of their seismic and statue requirements to obtain a
license by reciprocity. Seismic issues are a big deal here on
the left coast and for good reason. I am licensed in 19 states
and 3 provinces of Canada and I had to prove competence in
local knowledge and statutes in each one.

The east coast is no different than the west coast or middle
America as far as accepting documents for engineered
structures to be built in their specific jurisdiction. The
level of adherence to, and complexity of, requirements is
determined  by the local jurisdiction or state, as the permit
system is overseen by that level of government. You just have
to learn to deal with the issue of permitting, if required,
and get on with it or not.

Building codes and permitting are in place to insure that
there is a minimum life safety in constructed structures to
allow for the egress of the occupants or adjacent occupants in
case of an unanticipated or sever environmental loading
condition. It is not to ensure that the structure stands but
that it stands long enough so that the occupants can leave
before partial or full collapse.

Lonberg Design Group, Ltd.
H.S. Lonberg, P.E, S.E.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Scott
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER PERMIT

Spend the money and buy a stamp...At least on the East Coast
there is
reciprocity for most stuff - but California doesn't accept
other PE paper as
valid - so others do not consider California stamps valid.
This is for a
lot of reasons - they claim different focus on seismic issues,
etc.  More
than likely it is just another government scam to increase the

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of TOMMY
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 8:42 AM
To: towertalk; K6YE
Subject: [TowerTalk] TOWER PERMIT

To All,

Sometime ago, on behalf of a friend, I requested information
regarding tower
installation using drill hole/bolt installation. Rather than
take that
approach, he wisely decided to core-cut the existing concrete,
dig a proper
hole, insert rebar cage, and base.

He has applied to the city of Denver, Colorado for a permit
and submitted
the documents supplied by US Towers for a TMM-531 tower. Since
aforementioned specifications has a "California" stamp, the
city of Denver
has refused to issue the permit. Has anyone experienced this
and/or what is the next step?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance you may give.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS    

TowerTalk mailing list


TowerTalk mailing list

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.22.6/1360 - Release
Date: 4/4/2008 6:02 PM

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.22.6/1360 - Release
Date: 4/4/2008 6:02 PM


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>