[TowerTalk] Lightning...

Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning...
From: Kimberly Elmore <>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
It's severe storm time in the Southern plains and, while I've taken, and am
still taking, steps to protect my shack from lightning damage, I began to

I always disconnect all transmission and control lines from equipment, but what
should I do with them after that? Should I make connectors so that I connect
everything to the station earth ground or should I let them float? Especially
if I disconnect all *equipment* from earth ground, should I still connect all
transmission and control lines that enter the shack to earth ground when I'm
not operating?

Kim Elmore N5OP