Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning... and sub panel

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning... and sub panel
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:22:48 +0000
That handbook may be there, but I couldn't find it in the time I took
before getting really annoyed by that guy selling his website.
Got a more specific URL that doesn't require one to suffer through the
sales pitch ??
73, Dick, W1KSZ

> Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 20:16:12 -0700> From:> To:
>> CC:> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk]
> Lightning... and sub panel> > Wilson, Dion wrote:> > Good day all. > > > > >
> > foot grounding rods around the tower connected with 6 gauge wire and 2"> >
> CU strap. The station is on the second floor for now and the A/C> > service
> entrance is on the other side of the house. It would be quite> > difficult to
> run strap or wire to the service entrance ground near the> > meter. Is there
> any way to use the sub-panel for connecting all these> > parts? The
> connection from the service panel to sub-panel is rated for> > 50 AMPS-220.
> Any help or thoughts would be nice.> > > > Electrical code generally requires
> a continuous (unspliced) conductor of > a particular size (depending on what
> kind of metal) to bond the various > things together. If your subpanel has
> the
 appropriate conductor, then > you can bond your grounding system to that.> >
There's a "low voltage handbook" on the Mike Holt website >
( which is free for the download and goes over > all
the grounding and bonding requirements for things like antennas with >
examples, drawings, and code citations.> > The ARRL handbook also has this