Re: [TowerTalk] Are my tower dreams in the toilet?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Are my tower dreams in the toilet?
From: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:17:44 -0700 (PDT)
Was the W6AM site originally a commercial site?  I hadn't heard that before.
As I understood it he built the Rombics himself.

http://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/index.html?http&&&www.mapability.com/ei8ic/rhombic/6amtext.html

  (one site.  you may have to play with the above to make it work)

  Mike
  AD6AA

Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net> wrote:
  Because back in the day, the commercial operators had fixed links, so an
array of rhombics worked pretty well. W6AM just inherited an old HF
commercial site. And these sites were built in pre-Yagi days (before
WWII)... Once you've done the investment, why change?