Re: [TowerTalk] Combined Dipoles

To: Larry Boekeloo <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Combined Dipoles
From: Gene Smar <>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:13:30 -0500 (CDT)

     My Novice class antenna in 1966 was just such a combination of wires,
except mine had a 20M dipole rather than 30 M (we didn't get 30M as an Amateur
band until 1979.)  You are correct in that you might have to tweak some
antennas a bit to get them to resonate where you want them. Just make sure you
separate them by a couple of feet at the ends, either vertically or
horizontally.  You can even hang them as inverted Vs at 60 degrees from each
other.  I've done this with my 3-band NVIS ground-mounted vertical that I use
for portable operation.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: Larry Boekeloo <>
Date: 2008/04/15 Tue PM 01:34:51 CDT
Subject: [TowerTalk] Combined Dipoles

Dipole question:
  If I cut a dipole for 80 meters, 40 meters and 30 meters and connect them all
to the same balun, would they at some point resonate on the correct frequencies
with some tweaking?