[TowerTalk] Can I incorporate existing tower base

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Can I incorporate existing tower base
From: "Mike" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:43:08 -0700

I have an existing stand alone base for my US Tower MA-40.  I would like to
incorporate my existing 3 x 3 x 4 foot base.  The tower I would like to put
up is the US Tower TX-455 which requires a 5 x 5 x 6 base and 6 cubic feet
of concrete.

So, the question is could I incorporate the existing base by digging around
it maybe an extra two feet and go deeper to add the necessary mass of
concrete to get to the required 6 cubic feet needed and adding more re-bar.

It is not so much about saving money, because I would have to drill holes
for the different footprint and epoxy in new bolts.  But it would save
having another base and having a redundant concrete slap to look at or

I just wonder if Steve or anyone has done this before.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mike, K6BR