Re: [TowerTalk] Combined dipoles

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Combined dipoles
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:12:14 -0700
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:09:32 -0700 (PDT), Larry Boekeloo wrote:

>will begin building our new home on 4 acres in about two weeks

One thing you could do to minimize RFI and electrical noise is to
put all your electrical wiring in steel conduit. It adds a bit to
the cost of construction, but it's money well spent. When I bought
my former home in Chicago, I rewired it and put everything in steel
(EMT). My antennas were all within 20 ft of my office and my A/V
gear. I had no interference to any of that gear at 100 watts, and
was able to tame RFI with ferrites on the audio cables when I ran
1.5kW. I was able to do that because the power wiring was not part
of the receiving antenna system for the stereo rig. :)

Jim Brown K9YC