[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Climber Protection - Insurance..!!

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Climber Protection - Insurance..!!
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:26:24 EDT
List-post: <">>
In a message dated 4/19/2008 5:48:43 A.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:

>  1. - If you Pay/Hire anybody to work on your tower/antenna's  ... they 
must be bonded... 
    Umm, I think you mean insured. A surety bond  is a bond given to protect 
the recipient against loss in case the terms  of a contract are not filled. In 
other words, that the project you paid for is  completed. If not, you can 
file a claim against the contractor's bond to get  some money back. 
    In ham circles, liability and risk exposure are  the issues - not that 
the contractor didn't finish the job to your  satisfaction. 
    In just about all cases, in order to get a  contractor's license you have 
to have insurance and bonding. The problem with  ham tower climbers is that 
they typically have neither. 
Steve    K7LXC
Professional and insured tower services for hams
Cell: 206-890-4188

**************Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car 
listings at AOL Autos.      

TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>