Re: [TowerTalk] Two questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Two questions
From: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:28:15 -0400
>I see that you got several responses on the conduit run question.  Going
>with bigger conduit where good ones.

I have a 40' run of white 4" PVC below-ground now and it's a good
size for the amount of cabling I'm running. I've never had a problem
pulling anything through it, and it's seen a lot of traffic so far. I
didn't drill drain holes in it, but it's also sloping downwards at
about a five degree angle from the house to an open field so any
serious H2O accumulation will run out easily.

This other new one will be considerably longer, have some twists and
turns in it and may rise and fall (not sure how or where the trencher
will go just quite yet. I'm probably going to run at least 4" if not
larger, and I will follow the advice given here and drill a few drain
holes on the lowest sections, while keeping it over a bed of gravel.
I'll use white PVC drain pipe once again.

>What I did not see was much on the second question, which is what I was
>interested in seeing what came back, for my own information on what I am
>doing.

Got a couple of possibilities but one really good place, with decent
pricing on copper is StormCopper.com. C110 grade, 0.062" thick (same
as Polyphaser's), double the size for 1/2 the price. Can't beat that
with a stick.

Regards,

Peter,
W2IRT