[TowerTalk] F12 80M beam problem

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] F12 80M beam problem
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 19:43:31 EDT
Okay. The MFJ was okay - no big broadcast stations  around.

    The problem was yet another parts  shortage from F12. I'll estimate that
we got 85% of what we were supposed  to have. The other 15% we had to run
around to get which entailed over a dozen  stops at various stores to take care
of. To say nothing of the extra drilling,  etc. and time lost due to their
screw-ups.

    I talked to Tom, N6BT, Mr. F12 and asked about the  status of the
company. He said there was some sort of announcement coming soon.

    OTOH the MonstIR right below it had extra hardware  and we didn't have
any problems assembling it. No desperate phone calls, no  extra crane time, no
lost time.

    Oh, what was the problem? F12 neglected to ship the  split PVC that
insulates the element from the boom so the element was grounded  and no wonder
it
didn't work. They didn't send it so we didn't know we needed  it. Of course the
manual was abysmal with no photos which didn't help.

    So we fixed that and corrected some other items so  now we'll be tuning
it tomorrow - hooray.

    Tnx to everyone who sent comments. We appreciate  it!

Cheers,
Steve   K7LXC
TOWER TECH

listings at AOL Autos.