[TowerTalk] Spid Rotator Control box?

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Spid Rotator Control box?
From: "Deni, F5VJC" <foxfive.vjc@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:46:55 +0200
Wonder if anyone has any info i.e. a cct diagram of the Spid rotator
control box.
I'm having problems with the heading indication. Pressing CW rotation
the indicator changes as normal, but pressing CCW the rotor turns but
the indicator "sometimes" doesn't change (seems intermittent) this only
occurs on CCW rotation. I believe the rotor itself contains only a reed
switch to send pulses back to the control box? Anyone have any
information or experience of this. The rotor and control box have been
in service for about a year without problem, so all was working fine
until now.

Thanks for any information or help with this.

--
73, Deni
F5VJC

For a Ham radio friendly holiday in France…

Visit www.mycottageinbrittany.com