[TowerTalk] Noise from eolic field

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Noise from eolic field
From: "Fabio Grisafi" <fabio.grisafi@libero.it>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:51:20 +0200
A big european company is building an eolic field with 49 tower/generators near
my contest QTH (about 2000 feet in north direction- total power: several dozens
of MW).

Each tower is about 200-250 feet high with the rotors in top of each tower.

Low Voltage generators (I think 380 Volts) are connected with buried cables to
Low Voltage/High Voltage transformers that are located far from my QTH and they
are not
in visibility to my antennas due to a little peak of the mountain.

QUESTION IS: do I have to wait for an high amount of noise in the HF/VHF region?

What kind of noise?

The QTH was very quiet (no cities for about 30 miles of country) and it was
possible to ear signals unreadable from my downtown QTH. Will this condition
disappear?

Thank you for your answers.... I wait for them.

Regards,

Fabio, IT9GSF.

Fabio Grisafi (IT9GSF-IG9A-KB1LNF)
via Abruzzi, 67