Re: [TowerTalk] identification/advice

To: ve3zi@yahoo.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] identification/advice
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:10:59 -0400
Roger,

You asked.   So here goes:

1)  make sure you place the tower at least one tower length from the
house.
2)  since it isn't engineered, guy it as best you can--and following
the rohn plan
        shouldn't hurt you.
3)  The problem of draining rainwater out of the legs is a big one.
Particularly
        north of the border.   I would make sure you cap off topside, to
prevent rain
        incursion.    Then, we need to come up with a solution for drain holes.
        Maybe some small diameter thru-drills?    That will void the
galvanizing, but
        that's preferrable to not having a drain.    Maybe a couple of .010
or .020 holes
        just above the solid second impingement?

anybody have more creative ideas?

N2EA