[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 + M2 Skiplog

Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 + M2 Skiplog
From: Ralph Matheny <>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:07:37 -0400 (EDT)
Local conditions are as follows:  Hilltop location, max winds in any
reasonable period of time 70MPH.  50 MPH considered a big one, but a few
of those each year.  Tower guyed 4 ways, at 30 and 60 feet short guyed due
to property lines.  Tower is 62 foot Rohn 25 tiltover.  Good base.  Guy
  anchors to be beefed up.

Now the question:  Will a recently acquired M2 7 10-30 "Skiplog" fly in
the long run on this tower??  M2 rates the windload as 13 SQ Ft, boom is
30 feet long and the longest element is 50 feet.

Will a "Tailtwister" turn & brake this antenna?

I can upgrade the tower, if I have to and want to.  Just don't wanna do
that unless it is really needed.

Comments?  I fully understand that what I do is MY decision, and won't
blame anybody for this free advice.  If there are similar installations
the input will be of help.

Ralph Matheny
207 Gibbons Place
Marietta Ohio  45750