[TowerTalk] 1/4 wave spacing on 2 el beam

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 1/4 wave spacing on 2 el beam
From: "Tom Osborne" <>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 14:34:17 -0700
Hi all

I built a couple of 2 el beams, one for 20 and one for 10.

I just split the driven element, fed them directly with 50 ohm coax. and
spaced the reflector at a 1/4 wave.  It seems to be a good match on both
antennas and the SWR is very low.

I don't have any modeling software here, so what does it say about an
antenna like that?  I know the best gain is with a director a lot closer,
but this way I don't need to mess with a gamma or any other kind of match.
I like the KISS method of doing things.  73