Re: [TowerTalk] 1/4 wave spacing on 2 el beam

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 1/4 wave spacing on 2 el beam
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 17:29:39 -0700 (PDT)
The best gain you can get with 1/4 wave spacing is 3 dB.
With closer spacing you might be able to get 4.5 dB.  OTOH,
the wider spacing will probably give better F/B.  On receive,
this might be more important than 1.5 dB of gain.  You will
also get much wider bandwidth at the larger spacing, and
everything will be less critical.

Rick N6RK