Re: [TowerTalk] Coax switch for two radios and one antenna

To: Don Tyrrell <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax switch for two radios and one antenna
From: Jeff Stevens <>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 14:39:27 -0700

Thank you very much for the info.  One more question if you will...

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 04:06 -0700, Don Tyrrell wrote:
> 5. The switch design uses constant impedance micro-strip thru line
> construction, at 50 ohms, so it is good not to run too much power at
> too high an SWR to prevent internal "flash over" across the
> components. Actually, this is good advice with ANY coax switch.

I would like to use a switch specifically on a non-resonant antenna
between the tuner and the antenna.  My power would be limited to 100W.
Is there any rule of thumb to figure out how high I can run the SWR
before arcing becomes a significant concern?

Thank you very much!