[TowerTalk] Any reason not to use commercial CATV connectors?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Any reason not to use commercial CATV connectors?
From: "Dan Levin" <>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 16:23:10 -0700
I am in the process of moving my tower, and re-cabling the feedlines.  I am
going to use surplus 3/4" CATV hardline for the two feedlines, each about
350' long.  I will need to splice one line (I only have one piece that is
long enough), and obviously put a connector on each end of each cable.

My question is, is there any reason _not_ to use commercially made CATV
splices and connectors (pin connectors) for this purpose?  My guess is that
they are designed for much lower power levels than I intend to use (1500
watts) - but my guess is also that I am better off using "real" connectors
and splices than trying to build my own...  They don't seem expensive, and
they look quite well made and water tight.

                  ***dan, K6IF