Re: [TowerTalk] crankup winch cable ... etc.

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] crankup winch cable ... etc.
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 07:46:31 -0400

Steve,

Completely agree... I meant MOVING it 2-3 times a month, not lubing it.
Hell, if it got once a month, that'd be fine.  Shouldn't stop in the
same place each time.
+/- an inch or three, to prevent flat spots would be ok.   Should
also spool cleanly on
the winch, and avoid wraps, which will tend to flatten the wire
rope.   But proper
application of lube will help avoid that.

My principal point was... if it's designed to go up and down,  it
NEEDS to go up and down
fairly regularly.   You wouldn't want to fly on an aircraft that only
went up when YOU wanted to
go up,  would you?

n2ea