[TowerTalk] 75 meter antenna noise

Subject: [TowerTalk] 75 meter antenna noise
From: "Howard R" <>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 22:29:13 -0400
Can anyone recommend a way to reduce noise on my 75 meter inverted Vee or
alternately I am looking for a quieter antenna , I am using a current fed
balun and seems to me if I can dc couple the 2 quarter wave sections perhaps
I can reduce the noise somewhat . Any help would be appreciated .

When I use my folded 40 meter driven element on my Steppir for 75 meter
receive my S/N ratio is around 40 db with my balun fed inverted Vee its
around 15 db always have  S9 hiss .

I was looking at a double bazooka as a replacement perhaps . Any comments.
Howard VE2AED