Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical in the swamp

To: W2WHP <w2whp.bsa.ny@verizon.net>, <garyschafer@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical in the swamp
From: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 19:24:33 -0700

The Tesla Amateur Radio club guys, with a web presence, and incredible antenna
farm pictures,
could probably offer first hand experience on the niceties of a swamp, or
slough based HF station.
Google Tesla Amateur Radio Club for a picture portfolio of their salty swamp
station.
Those fortunate enough to be able to set up, or inherit antenna farms in water,
swamps, or expecially salt water environments, will no doubt tell of their
paradigm shifts of experiencing band openings, and other performance metrics
unknown to most Ham HF operators.
Here is a picture of an antenna farm in New Jersey, the former WOO, Ocean Gate
antenna farm, in New Jersey.  Must be absolute killer performance.  But must be
agonizingly intensive in antenna maintenace.
http://www.coldwarcomms.org/miscellaneous/Ocean_Gate/DSC04008.JPG

All the best,
Pat Barthelow
aa6eg@hotmail.com