Re: [TowerTalk] Converting 3 el to 2el

To: "I>TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Converting 3 el to 2el
From: "Hsu, Aaron (NBC Universal)" <aaron.hsu@nbcuni.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:21:10 -0700
Hi John,

Trimming the boom and making it a 2-el should work, but you may need to play
with element spacing and lengths for better optimization.

But don't give up on a new antenna just yet.  I bought a Force12 C-3SS several
years ago (I live on a small surburban lot) and it's amazing for it's size.  6
elements on a 12-foot boom with a 13.6' turning radius (it uses linear loaded
20m elements to reduce the size - full size 10m and 15m elements).  Though it
may be a 2-el design per band, the lack of traps increases efficiency - the
C-3SS replaced a Cushcraft A3S and works just as well (if not better).  Biggest
problem is getting one...it was F12's best selling product, so you may need to
order one and wait.  F12 just switched hands, so it might take a few weeks
before manufacturing catches up as they're moving from CA to TX.

Anyways, give it a once over.  http://www.force12inc.com/.

73,

  - Aaron Hsu, NN6O