[TowerTalk] The Vertical and the Balun

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] The Vertical and the Balun
From: Daniel Hileman <>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 01:23:13 +0000
Hi Everyone,
I am here to learn, so I will ask the question. I have been thinking a LOT
about building a full size 1/4 wave vert for 75m...I am going to go with the
hygain aluminum mast since I have plenty of room to guy it well. I was
originally thinking hard about the Zero Five, but it's only 43' and $200.00
more expensive. It said you could get 160m-10m with a 4:1 balun and radials and
a tuner. question is, what does the balun do exactly? Can I make the
65' work on 160-10m well without the balun or should I plan on putting one on
my 65' vertical as well?? Will it work decent on 160m??
Daniel N9WX
Make Windows Vista more reliable and secure with Windows Vista Service Pack 1.