Re: [TowerTalk] The Vertical and the Balun

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The Vertical and the Balun
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:41:59 +0200
I think I´ve seen the same.

I used to have a base loaded 95 ft vertical. Last year I changed it
to 95 ft top loaded, 3 top loading wires spaced evenly. Resonance
ended up around 1750 kHz. I tune it with vac cap to 1830 kHz.
Both antennas sits on a extensive radial screen consisting of
250 radials.

The top loaded version "seems" to work better however I have done
no measurements to confirm anything so not too scientific.

73 Jim SM2EKM