[TowerTalk] Rotor Loops

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Loops
From: Jon M Knodel <>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 12:09:09 -0700
I'm getting ready to install my rotor and coax and would like to get some
thoughts on the best way to do the coax loop for the rotor.  Typically, I would
leave about a 5' sagging loop to the side of the mast/tower and leave it at
that.  In reading K7NV's tower tips, he suggests wrapping the coax around the
mast a couple of times in 8" or larger diameter to serve as the "loop", stating
that this method puts less strain on the coax as the rotor turns.  I haven't
had any experience with this method.  Any thoughts on this?  Which is better?
Jon N7XW