[TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Most Connectors sold to Hams are JUNK

Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Most Connectors sold to Hams are JUNK
From: Commander John <>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:47:58 -0700 (PDT)

Commander John <> wrote:  Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:47:08
-0700 (PDT)
From: Commander John <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Most Connectors sold to Hams are JUNK
To: Jim Brown <>

  Last week I started to rework my 40 meter folded Marconi vertical antenna. I
took apart what I had.  This included a N right angle connector. When I was
hooking it up to dry test position and fit of connectors,cables the straight N
connector wouldn't go into the chassis N connector.  The connector looked
different.  The center Pin of the right angle N connector had come out and was
on the center pin of the N connector .  This was no $1 connector. It had the
Military number on It UG-27 A/U.  I used this all winter.  There was a strange
symptom THAT the the SWR would slowly creep upward when the key was down.
Maybe this was the cause, as It sure doesn't do it now.  I still have the
connector but I am not going to sell it to anyone else.  Maybe that is why the
guy at the hamfest sold it to me. I picked the commercial unit over the Chinese
commie stuff, who would have known.
  john w9zy
  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv w9zy

Jim Brown <> wrote:
  On Mon, 19 May 2008 08:57:02 -0400, David Calder wrote:

>I used a cheap adapter with
>the "ring" in it and it just came apart when I tightened it.

                .... Commander John ....

                .... Commander John ....