[TowerTalk] 18.8ss or 304ss for u-bolts

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 18.8ss or 304ss for u-bolts
From: "Wilson, Dion" <>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 06:49:46 -0500
I have to use you folks for a technical question.  18.8ss or 304ss?

The supplier suggested these two grade types.

Is there any difference, how much?

They will be used on a force 12 XR5 refurbish and a rotor plate

He stated that the u-bolts will not be submerged in salt water, but in a
salt water environment and that either grade would suffice.  Tampa Bay
is out the back door and if a piece of steel sits out for a few days
will rust up quite nicely.  I have several pliers that attest to this

The vertical works quite nicely in this environment though!  I guess a
decent trade off.

Any thought?

Thanks to all that have assisted me to this point.

D 'Noid' Wilson

Frontline Communication

"The Finest Command and Broadcast Vehicles in the World"

BAS 2 GHz Relocation Project ENG

727.571.3295 FAX

Semper Fi <>

For more information please visit