Re: [TowerTalk] Coil Formula

To: W5CPT <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coil Formula
From: Ralph Matheny <mathenyr@marietta.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 15:45:16 -0400 (EDT)
You need to download a package of software written by VE3ERP.  I think it
is now on the CQ website, called "Hamcalc".  While I don't have the
formula handy, the program is easier and has dozens of good modules in it.

BTW--I'd not pay a lot of attention to coil calculations.  I'd put a cap in
parallel with the coil and find the resonant freq and calculate from
there.  ARRL's "Lightning Calculator" handy for that, but if you don't
have a "Dip" meter to read the resonance that won't work for you.  That
method tends to take into account a lot more factors.

73

Ralph Matheny
K8RYU
207 Gibbons Place