Thank you all for the responses, on and off the list. As expected there
are a lot of different ideas out there.
In summary, based on the comments here, I believe the best solution is
1. Ensure all the rebar is bonded together to make sure it looks
like a solid conductor.
2. Bond the rebar to the tower legs inside the concrete
3. Above ground run a flat CU strap from each tower leg with at
least an 18" radius curve to a buried ground rod.
4. A minimum of 3 ground rods should be installed around the tower,
spaced no closer than 8 feet apart
5. Run as many radials from the ground rods as practical. Placing a
ground rod along each radial at 16' intervals.
6. Install a ring, preferably using flat strap around the tower,
connecting all 3 (or more) radials.
7. Pay attention to bonding of dissimilar metals
8. Avoid sharp bends of any ground conductor.
9. Avoid having any metallic conductors exposed or penetrating the
concrete below the surface.
I have my work cut out for me, concrete comes on Monday.
Thanks for the help and the bandwidth!
TowerTalk mailing list