Re: [TowerTalk] my long lightning story (was RE: lightning strike)

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] my long lightning story (was RE: lightning strike)
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:57:01 -0400 (EDT)
I've been using fiber for years to isolate my AR Cluster computer (always on
24/7) from the rest of the network.  100 Mbps Ethernet optical transceiver are
readily available and inexpensive (try eBay).
Likewise, surplus fiberoptic cable is readily available and very cheap or free.

Of course, wireless transceivers are another good choice.

73
Frank
W3LPL