[TowerTalk] Wilson rivets

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wilson rivets
From: "Skip K3CC" <k3cc@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 16:41:39 -0400
I have replaced a lot of rivets with rive-nuts.  A rive nut is a rivet that
has a threaded inside.  It installed on a mandrel, squeezed and popped.  I
use a little loc tite red to hold the rivet-nut in place.  Mac Tools,
Snap-on and various other carry these tools and rive-nuts.

I believe they were used primarily in the aircraft industry.

Not cheap but very effective. They are made in Standard thread as well as
metric. I have as standard SS up to 1/4 "   Google Rive nut for venders

de Skip  K3CC