[TowerTalk] g-800 problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] g-800 problem
From: "Jean" <jgh.jennen@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:51:38 +0200
Dear Mark,

>From the first day I had My Yaesu G-800S I believed to have RF problems. R2
>and R3 became verry hot and I needed to replaced them a few times.
Suddenly the rotor stopt working. Once again R2 and R3 where defect.
I send you the circuit diagram and inside the yellow circel was the problem.
They switched the transformer leads. After correcting this the rotor refused to
work propperly. I found that the motor inside the controlbox was consuming to
much current and yes he was defect. It was verry low in Ohm's and the driving
transistors where not able to produce that current. After replacing the motor
and correcting the transformer connections my problem was over and My G-800s is
running like a Swiss clock hi.
So ihope You could read my poor Language and hopefully will you solve Your
problem wiht the rotor.

73 Jean (like Sean 007 hi) PA3DLJ

---
avast! Antivirus: Uitgaande bericht is onbesmet.
Virus Gegevensbestand (VPS): 080616-0, 16-06-2008
Getest op: 17-6-2008 0:52:07
avast! - auteursrecht (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.