[TowerTalk] Yaesu 2800 in Rohn 25 & replacing bolts in place

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu 2800 in Rohn 25 & replacing bolts in place
From: ac9s@mchsi.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 00:45:10 +0000
Two items -

1) I just swapped a Yaesu 2800 for my HamIV in Rohn 25.  There was plenty of
space in the 25AG4 top section.  This is the top section with no Z bracing in
the top two cross braces.  When I asked the question (of a 2800 in 25G) of
this group there were a number of responders who felt it wouldn't fit.  I just
wanted to let everyone know there is plenty of space - at least on this
particular top section.  It will not fit in a straight section - the z brace
interfers.

2) Question - I noticed the leg bolts are getting a little rusty on the 25G.
Can I replace these in place a bolt at a time with new ones or is there two
much downward force, especially on the lower sections.  The tower is 90 feet.
I am lucky in that I live almost next door to Hill Radio and can pick up Rohn
stuff any time with no shipping.

Thanks --

Keith
AC9S