Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding tower guy wires

To: "Paul Kelley N1BUG" <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding tower guy wires
From: "bill rubin" <brubin2010@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:48:51 -0500
Just to clarify... Are you grounding the guy wires to protect the tower ?
My understanding is that we ground the guy wires before the anchor to
protect the concrete from taking a lightning hit.  I used claps to attach
the ehs 1/4 wire to my copper wire, then grounded it just below to a rod for
each anchor point.

73 Bill N1HWC