[TowerTalk] zipcord loop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] zipcord loop
From: "bill rubin" <brubin2010@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:09:08 -0500
All this loop talk brought up a project I would like to do this summer.

Anybody here ever tried the zipcord loop antenna ?  An article by n4fwd in
Worldradio feb 2007 describes  loop antenna using wire with two wires in
parallel (such as a power cord) to form a loop and then crossing over the
ends to make it a full 720 degrees.

The advantage
1. Shorter loop Length in feet = 887 / freq in Mhz
2. Near 50 match at feed point (use 50 ohm coax ,   No 4:1 balun needed )
3. wide 2:1 swr
4. low noise level as with other loops
5. increased gain  over standard loop  (~ 6db)

If so I would be interested in how wwll it worked for you and what wire was
used. It seems like standard zipcord wire would not weather well.  Any ideas
?

73 Bill N1WHC