[TowerTalk] Rectangular loops, was 'square loops'

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rectangular loops, was 'square loops'
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 04:09:18 -0400

Had a couple of comments, both on and off reflector, which made me
realize that
I wasn't sufficiently descriptive.

I'm really NOT talking about a standard square loop, regardless of
whether it's
organized like a square, or a diamond.

Rather,  consider a rectangle, with two horizontal sides spaced
perhaps 22' apart.
The lower wire maybe at 15', and the upper one around 40'.
Horizontal legs were
something like 85'.    My recollection of this is pretty hazy, and at
the moment it doesn't
quite foot with the idea of a full wave or two-wavelength loop, and
it strikes me that it
should.

The chap in question was in West Virginia or KY, as I recall,  and
had multiple of these
loops.  The notion was that it behaved somewhat like a bobtail
curtain, producing an
endfire pattern.

Does that ring a bell for anyone?

n2ea