Re: [TowerTalk] What NOT to do when climbing

To: Alan NV8A <>, towertalk reflector <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What NOT to do when climbing
From: Gene Smar <>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:07:40 -0500 (CDT)

     I have one word for you to pass along to your neighbor, if you don't mind:

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: Alan NV8A <>
Date: 2008/07/01 Tue PM 12:57:32 EDT
To: towertalk reflector <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What NOT to do when climbing

Talking to a fellow club member (and close neighbor) during Field Day, I
heard about a tower-climbing misfortune of his. On one occasion he
climbed his 30+ ft tower without a belt because it was such a quick and
easy job he had to do up there. Unfortunately, forgetting that this time
he was not wearing a belt, he let go. He is very thankful that he landed
on the grass rather than on the concrete, and no significant injuries
were suffered..

Alan NV8A