Re: [TowerTalk] 160/80m Inverted L dualband design

To: Pat Rundall <pat@n0hr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160/80m Inverted L dualband design
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:04:34 -0400
I am thinking of that same sort of thing - have pretty much the same
constraints as that guy.   My friend has one, and is not happy with it,
but I fear his is detuned by so many other stuff hanging off his tower
in a really small suburban lot.   He has so many wires, it is hard to tell
what is a guy wire and what is an antenna.   Also, I'm not sure he has
it properly loaded and tuned.

I have been asking about these antennas here, and several of the guys
have suggested the inverted L. design.   Most think it is better than,
and easier to tune and established than, loading the tower, itself,
and I believe it.

Just MY take....  Happy trails and 73.    ----  Richards - K8JHR ----

  ..