Re: [TowerTalk] Ham4 and CDE rotor controller

To: Mark Robinson <markrob@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham4 and CDE rotor controller
From: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 09:43:20 -0400
Mark,

I would be very happy to place these manuals on the BAMA server.
Already in the collection and available for free downloading are the
early Ham-M, T2X, Ham-II, TR-44 and a few others.  Your two Ham-IV
manuals would be welcome additions.  Please go to the CDE page on
http://bama.sbc.edu to see the current collection.  Uploading to either
this site or to its mirror at http://bama.edebris.com can be
problematical, to say the least.  If you have difficulty uploading, I
would strongly recommend one of the file transfer sites.  My favorite
(for no particular reason) is YouSendIt at http://www.yousendit.com .
You do not need to join the "pay" service as the free one is more than
sufficient.

Finally, unless you are using Adobe Acrobat to make the pdf, please just
zip the individual jpg pages into a single zip file and send that.  The
reason is that Acrobat will produce a smaller pdf than any other "pdf
maker" program that I am aware of, but please do not try to produce a
smaller file by reducing the scan rate!  300 dpi is preferred for a good
clear readable page.

There are over 5,000 manuals on BAMA and all are available for free
downloading.  I would be pleased to add the Ham IV manuals to the
collection.

73,
Ken - K4XL
BAMA (Boat Anchor Manual Archive)

--

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr