[TowerTalk] To Shunt feed or Not to Shunt feed??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] To Shunt feed or Not to Shunt feed??
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 02:40:06 -0500
I am searching the index for the reflector as well as the internet on 'shunt
feeding' for my new 30' tower which is soon to have a
10' mast on top of it.

For 40 thru 160 meters

Would I be wasting allot of time and effort if I started this (not so) little
project without anything to measure impedance or an
antenna analyzer to measure tuning? Also where does one get the capacitor
necessary for the shunt feed?

   73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET

Luke 14:28-30

 28"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and
estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to
complete it? 29For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it,
everyone who sees it will ridicule him, 30saying, 'This
fellow began to build and was not able to finish.'