[TowerTalk] positive pull down for Tri-ex towers

Subject: [TowerTalk] positive pull down for Tri-ex towers
From: Craig Clark <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:01:26 -0400
>Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:07:12 -0500
>Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] positive pull down for Tri-ex towers
>Craig Clark wrote:
> > All installations are different. I attributed mine to the top section
> > "tilting" a bit when extended even thought the installation was plumb.
> >  73, Craig Clark, K1QX
>surely wish I could find someone on this list who has the HyGain 52'
>which I have.  I have yet to erect mine but find it hard to believe
>that I would have tilting considering there is a FOUR (4) foot overlap
>on each 20' section.
>I guess I will just have to wait and see until I get mine up.

I wish I still had the tower and could measure it for you but the top
section had a definite "list" when the tower was fully extended.
There was only a couple of feet of the top section inside the second
section when the tower was fully extended and a little bit of slop
results in a fair amount of deflection at the top.

73, Craig Clark, K1QX

PO  BOX 209
603 899 6957