Re: [TowerTalk] What is..."Pointed Tower vs Flat"

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What is..."Pointed Tower vs Flat"
From: Mark Spencer <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
I've also seen a few short (ie. 50 feet high or less) guyed comercial towers
using a pointed base (although most guyed comercial towers in this size range
that I have seen have also had a flat base.)   I believe the pointed base is
often referred to as a pier pin base.
I'm curious if any one has any insight into what the advantages (if any) would
be of using a pointed base for a short guyed tower.