Re: [TowerTalk] Electronic Dog Containment Fence Noisy?  NOT

To: Robert Morris <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Electronic Dog Containment Fence Noisy?  NOT
From: Gene Smar <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:43:47 -0500 (CDT)

     My neighbor at the end of my block installed one of these things a couple
of years ago.  While the tech was on-site cutting a slit in the neighbor's
driveway for the wire, I asked him what frequency it worked on.  He said it was
a couple of milliwatts on 16 kHz or so.  I waited until the tech was gone and
the neighbor's dog sat peacefully in the front yard befoe I tuned my receiver
to listen for hash, etc. on the Ham bands.  Nada.  I even walked past the house
listening to a portable AM radio - same nada.

     So unless the transmitter is defective, you should be ok regarding
potential QRN.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: Robert Morris <>
Date: 2008/07/11 Fri AM 12:31:35 EDT
Cc:, "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <>

A couple of watts on 500kc, at 3am, might be fun.

Alan Braun wrote:
> It depends on what frequency it uses. Most of them consist of a wire
> buried an inch or 2 below ground, connected to a very low power xmtr on
> 500 KHz.

believed to be clean.