Re: [TowerTalk] [Force 12 Talk] Antennas and power lines don't mix

To: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Force 12 Talk] Antennas and power lines don't mix
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:43:08 -0500
This reminds me of a good friend of mine in high school. A group of four of
us got out tickets at the same time. One of the four lived on a second floor
apartment above the family garage. One day he was working on his tribander
and one of the elements hit the power lines. I won't go into the details but
he was killed. It was a tragedy. He would have been the valedictorian of our
high school class of 1962. It was a terrible blow to his family and his to
dad, a M.D. who never really recovered. The family donated his radio
equipment for a radio club at the school in his honor.

If you have kids that work on antennas you might want to remind them of the
hazards. No matter how smart teenagers are, sometimes they don't think.

Bill, W5VX