Re: [TowerTalk] 2 HAMS died in Kansas City

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 HAMS died in Kansas City
From: Gene Smar <>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:17:36 -0500 (CDT)

     In addition to electrocutions associated with towers and antennas, there
have been news articles recently about how dangerous the commercial tower
industry is becoming.  It has been labeled one of the most dangerous in the

     Most of the tower-related fatalities have been from falls from heights.
We Hams are also subject to the same type of lapses of concentration from time
to time while we climb our towers.  I agree that safety with antennas, and even
towers, ought to be more vigorously stressed by testing and periodic reminders
from ARRL.  I'm copying my ARRL SM for his info as well.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F
Rockville, MD

Date: 2008/07/14 Mon PM 12:47:25 EDT
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2 HAMS died in Kansas City

Hi Guys,
This is very sad news.  Seems to be happening more and more.  I  had a very
close encounter with a high voltage electric line when a young  ham.  (50 years
Perhaps we should encourage the ARRL to encourage the FCC to put more
related antenna safety questions on the FCC Tests.
Dick- K9OM
In a message dated 7/14/2008 9:54:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time, writes:

All  indications points to  KC0TIG...

scene in your area - Check out!